A little about me and my art...
I am Melissa Meman, jewelry designer & maker.
Silversmithing/hand-fabricating jewelry is a passion for me and I hope to share that passion with others through my designs.
All of my pieces are designed/fabricated solely by me utilizing a wide array of materials and techniques. I love working with metal - sterling, copper, bronze, and brass - sometimes all at once! I like mixing in other elements such as gemstones, artisan beads (lamp work, polymer clay, ceramic), Czech and Austrian glass, torch-fired enamels, mixed-media elements and more. Most findings, such as ear wires, bails, clasps, are also handcrafted by me. I try to only use mass-manufactured components when it is something I can’t hand fabricate .
My main inspiration comes is nature...you'll see a lot of botanicals in my pieces. I also draw from textiles, antiquity, and music to spark my creativity. I absolutely love using unexpected color combinations!
- I use USPS as my preferred shipper. Items are shipped from Maryland, USA.
- Shipping within the US is first class unless priority upgrade is selected. Shipping costs are in keeping with actual standard rates provided by USPS.
- If you live outside of the US, please be aware of the VAT, GST, tax and postal handling fees of your country.
- Items already in inventory usually ship 1-2 business days after order.
- Made to order items usually take up to 1 week to create (time frame will be noted in item details) and will ship within 1-2 business days after that.
I want you to be over the moon with your new jewelry, but if not, I am happy to work with you toward a mutual return or exchange agreement. I try to provide accurate sizing, measurements and descriptions of my items and photos that show true to life depictions. Occasionally, colors can vary due to device screen settings.
- Contact with me must be made within 14 days of receipt before returning item. Contact can be made from my contact form, or by emailing me directly...firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unless we previously discussed defects, all returned items must be unworn and in original condition.
Refunds will be made using the same method as payment.
Custom or personalized items are non-refundable.
All return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
Most of my items are made from sterling silver (.925), copper or brass and are oxidized on purpose. These metals tarnish naturally over time and can be affected by the wearer's chemistry and environmental conditions. Using a jeweler's polishing cloth usually removes this tarnish without affecting the designed patina.
- Don't use liquid cleaners, as they will not only remove tarnish, but the original oxidation/patina.
- Avoid wearing your Melismatic Art Jewelry while swimming in chlorine pools or hot tubs.
For other policies, please see the fine print in my website footer.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact me! If you'd like to be kept in the loop about new items, sales, shows, etc, please sign-up for my newsletter.